Triple dimension scoliosis therapy
• Activation of the passive and active spine stabilization system
• Rehabilitation in the sagittal, coronal and transverse plane
• Stimulation of the nerve system
• Supporting the physiotherapist’s rehabilitation program
SKOL-AS enables simultaneous three-dimensional therapeutic action on the patients’s passive and active spinal stability mechanisms and functional structures of the patient’s Central Nervous System. SKOL-AS therapeutic method is one of the few documented methods to affect the passive and active spine stabilization system together with the nervous system which is controlling the aforementioned structures.
The correction with SKOL-AS method and apparatus is dedicated to children and youth suffering the spine curve between 6 and 400 (degree of the Cobb’s scale). The device is comprised of a system od pads and springs which enable three-dimensional correction of the passive stabilizing system. Authors of the method develop and present and original mode of treatment of the children with scoliosis, which can be divided into following stages and targets:
1. Elimination of the biomechanical pathologies of passive stabilization
2. Restoration of the structures and functions of local mucles and balance among muscles from the first and the second reference arrangement and also structures around the spine – both on the concave and convex side
3. Posture re-education; thi involves a combination of three dimensional active and passive correction of the spine, achieved via proprioceptor stimulation techniques and accompanied by the use of replacement feedback.
According to Zielke and Morscher from the Centre of Scoliosis Treatment in Bad Wildungen (Germany): „individual correction of the scoliosis deviations with the mere use of free exercise is impossible”.
The suggested method – which accomodates the latest trends in scoliosis treatment – may and should be applied practically at each stage of scoliosis progression. This gives the child, their parents and therapist if they have one, an opportunity to control the improvement proccess. Appropriate application of the sugessted method and the SKOL-AS device offer children efficient self-control over their posturę, which is much easier after application of appropriate training which is suggested in the method.
This therapy enables strenghtening and improvement of relevant muscles functioning while also increasing recognition and feeling to muscle tension. This enables the individual to execute appropriate control of bodily posturę and can help with self-image.